It is very often that pilgrims, in their way to Santiago, pass very near little treasures that, despite being just a few tens or hundreds of meters from the Camino, they will never know about. This is the case of the Iglesia Parroquial de San Martiño de Poutomillos, which is just 200m from the Camino, some 11km West of Lugo. Mentions of the church exist already in the year 1129, being referred to as ecclesia Sancti Martini de Puctimilios. It was rebuilt in the XXth century and it contains some images from the XVIth and XVIIth centuries. The area of Poutomillos has some 20 houses, among which is to be highlighted a pazo that was probably built from a medieval tower and which was used in the XVIIIth century as a Summer house by the bishop of Santiago, who would further be the archbishop of Compostela, and under whose command the Obradoiro front of the Cathedral of Santiago was built.